Solar panels can attract pigeons and other birds to your home. Birds love the shelter the panels provide from the elements, serving as a perfect location to nest and raise their young away from most of their predators. Bird proofing mesh has proven to be the best method to stop birds from nesting.
Why do Pigeons nesting under solar panels pose a problem?
Here are some of the common problems humans face when pigeons start nesting under their solar panels:
- Pigeons are known carries of disease and lice along with their droppings which contain more than 60 pathogens and diseases such as E.Coli and Salmonella all of which pose serious health risks to us humans. Once their droppings become dry they become dust like and airborne meaning we as humans are breathing these pathogens into our airways which can make us dangerously sick.
- Pigeons are very noisy, especially their young ones. People living and sleeping in rooms directly under the roof find the sounds of pigeons day and night very irritating and non forgiving.
- Pigeons defecate in and around their nests which causes staining and damage to the roof itself.
- The overall build-up of their faeces can damage expensive solar panels because bird faeces are very corrosive. They can also build up on the solar panels and compromise their efficiency.
- Nesting materials and bird faeces accumulating under the Solar Panels blocks the overall free flow of water to be able to run down into your gutters. Gutters also become blocked and damaged causing in house water leaks.
- Birds, Bird faeces and their nests also attract other pests such as cockroaches and rodents.
How do we get rid of pigeons under solar panels?
We have removal posts that we use to push/guide the pigeons out from under your panels. Once they’re clear we install our solar panel bird proofing system.
Solar Panel Bird Proofing System
- 100% protection Guaranteed from not only Pigeons but all bird species.
- Prior to the installation of your Solar Panel bird proofing all accessible birds and nesting materials are removed.
- A bacterial agent specifically for bird Faeces can be applied to rid the harmful bacteria left from the toxic bird Faeces.
- Inspection of the roof is carried out to ensure there are no birds nesting within the roof cavity.
- A heavy duty mesh is custom made to fit your solar panels. Our Mesh is used to ensure adequate ventilation for the Solar Panels as well as providing an overall durable product. The mesh also offers a very low visual impact to your roof and solar panel system when viewed from the ground up.
- Our system does not void your Solar Panel warranty or damage your Solar Panels as we do not drill, screw or glue any of our products to your solar panels.
- The mesh is attached to your solar panels using our clip locking system.
- Any future maintenance or repairs to your solar panel system has been considered. Our Solar panel bird proofing system can be easily removed and reinstalled to allow access in the future.
- We are so confident in our workmanship that we will offer you a 5-year Guarantee.
Bird Proofing Solar Panels Cost
The cost of bird proofing your solar panels will depend on your specific solar array. Factors that influence the cost include single-storey or double-storey, if the panels are flat or pitched, and how many solar panels you have installed. You can expect to pay between $500 – $3,000.
Birds nest under solar panel
Solar panels before bird proofing is installed
Solar panels after bird proofing is installed
Stop providing shelter to feral pigeons. We can bird proof your solar panels. Call us today for a cost on proofing your solar panels.
Recently Completed Projects
Large Scale Bird Proofing
Forensic Pest Management is rated 4.9 out of 5 based on 102 reviews...
Great efficient and effective service that is every time. Very comforted to know there is a service that delivers at affordable prices. A special shout out to Mitch the face of forensic pest control ,works so diligently and promptly. Thank you Mich.
Amazing job by Justin today….so professional and thorough. He left no stone unturned in the aim to find the source of our unwelcome visitors!! Within a few minutes and he had identified the source, and continued to thoroughly treat the entire surrounding areas to ensure there were no other areas of concern. We’re very pleased with the service today. A big thank you to Justin for taking the time and care in your work. Much appreciated! Also thanks Janelle….we will definitely continue to use Forensic Pest Control services in the future.
Perfect gentlemen to deal with and Janelle (office) is very helpful. They came out twice and were always respectful and considerate. Won't need to think twice about calling again.
What a great service this guys offer! Called in a panic as I had termites, invading my house with a child who is very allergic they were here within an hour gave me necessary advice over the phone while on the way and kept me calm! They came and resolved the problem efficiently. They have fantastic technician and wonderful caring people on the phones!
I was looking for a solution to evict the dozen pigeons roosting under my solar panels, they were making a constant mess including building a massive nest. I came across Forensic Pest control via their website and found dealing with the team a real pleasure, the team was punctual and efficient. Right from the start dealing with Janelle kept me up to date and then to Chris and the team, they are really professional and take their business seriously. Highly recommended.
On time. Great communication due to a rain delay and reschedule. Fast quote and friendly staff.
Amazing pest control service
Forensic Pest Control always do a fantastic job. We have been using them for years and wouldn't want to use anyone else.